BCC is asking for community feedback on the draft strategy for the Bridgeman Downs Neighbourhood Plan. Be sure to have your say by 16 November 2020.
Council is currently in the process of creating a new neighbourhood plan for Bridgeman Downs. The new neighbourhood plan will help guide future development and coordinate land use and infrastructure at Bridgeman Downs over a 10-year period and beyond.
Council will use the community feedback received on this draft strategy to prepare a draft neighbourhood plan and once completed, will form part of Brisbane City Plan 2014.
According to the feedback gathered during the initial community engagement in late 2019, community members felt that recent housing developments and clearing of native vegetation were not in keeping with the area. Hence, council has identified three key community priorities:
- Protecting the environment and greenspaces.
- Maintaining suburban neighbourhoods.
- Servicing the area with infrastructure.
“Bridgeman Downs is a relaxed suburb combining city convenience with bushland beauty. Here, natural habitat and waterways are protected and embraced. Well-designed homes contribute to the local community and are connected to natural habitats. Convenient transport connections make getting to surrounding areas easy and active travel options inspire healthy living, clean air, outdoor recreation and smart travel choices.”
Some of the council proposed strategies include:
- Preserve Bridgeman Downs’ natural habitat corridors
- Maintain and enhance the waterway corridors and catchments in the area including Cabbage Tree Creek, Albany Creek and South Pine River
- Grow our urban forest
- Housing design and choice
- Mitigate risks to people and property from natural hazards
- Mitigate risks to people from nearby industry and powerlines
- Protect and celebrate built history
- Improve the area’s open space and parks network
- Efficient stormwater network
- Community facilities
- Transport network
- Orderly growth and transition
You can have your say on the draft strategy by 11:59 p.m. Monday 16 November 2020 by doing any of the following:
Visit Brisbane City Council website for more information.